An exercise. As clear an image or story as possible. No more than one hundred fifty words.
Updated Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday at midnight.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

029.

“Remind her of the gun.”

“They’re doing fine on their own.”

“Yeah, but I want to see what happens. The look on his face. Do you think she’ll use it?”

“Maybe, but she’d miss. I don’t think she’s even held it before.” He pondered the question. His partner gave him the silence to think it through. She tried to not look at him expectedly. “If she does, it’ll be an accident. She won’t realize she’s squeezed the trigger,” he concluded.

“Then let’s see,” she grinned.

“What happens if she kills him?”

“What happens to the pawn when the knight takes it?”

“Fine. I’ll remind her.”

His partner clapped excitedly.

In a suburban home a million miles below a dejected housewife suddenly remembers the Glock 22 her husband keeps in his bedside drawer. He’s on the other side of the door she just slammed. Tonight she’s going to prove her point.